NPOAS Will Be Advocating for Flat Closure
at the 2020 Annual Meeting of the
American Society of Breast Surgeons
A First in Flat Closure Advocacy
History is going to be made at the American Society of Breast Surgeons annual conference this Spring, and NPOAS is going to be there to see – and to make – it happen! For the first time, flat closure will be a topic of focus at a professional conference from the perspectives of both providers AND patients.
The NPOAS Board will be attending this #ASBrS2020 with an exhibitor’s booth to advocate for flat closure.
We will be engaging providers one on one, providing brochures for surgeons to take back home and use in their practices, learning about and supporting coding and oncoplastic training, and supporting Dr. Deanna Attai (UCLA) as she presents her original flat closure research.
The conference provides unique advocacy opportunities.
Not Putting on a Shirt collaborates with diverse stakeholders to effect durable institutional change, and chief among these are breast surgeons. By meeting these medical professionals where they’re at, we will be able to leverage unique advocacy opportunities to:
- Engage providers in one-on-one discussion about flat closure
- Give interested providers brochures to take back and use in their practice
- Network with other stakeholders – including the NAPBC – to promote our mission
- Learn about the latest research in oncoplastic breast surgery
- Offer a patient’s perspective during this year’s debate, “Oncoplastics Should Be Utilized in All Patients”
- Support Dr. Deanna Attai’s groundbreaking research on flat closure
- Engage with researchers to promote further studies to support an improved, evidence-based standard of care for flat closure
We thank you in advance for your contribution to this critical endeavor that we are undertaking on behalf of all women going flat!
Learn more about #ASBrS2020 – our plan, conference highlights, how we use your donation – at the campaign page.
FAIR USE STATEMEN
This site contains copyrighted material. Not Putting on a Shirt’s educational materials and resources on this site are freely available for “fair use” (Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107) in accordance with our mission to advocate for optimal outcomes for those who choose to go flat after mastectomy. The copyrighted material on this site is distributed for educational purposes without profit – all donations to Not Putting on a Shirt directly fund our advocacy work. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that go beyond “fair use”, you must first obtain explicit permission from the copyright owner. Please direct requests or questions to email@example.com.