New resource at NPOAS for women facing surgery! Preparing for your mastectomy with aesthetic flat closure can be an undertaking – it helps to know what to expect. This illustrated resource includes a pre-surgery checklist, supply list, recovery tips from patients who have been there, FAQ, and more! Visit the Preparing for Surgery and please share for women in your life who are facing mastectomy surgery.
What is a Mastectomy with Aesthetic Flat Closure?
A Note About Revision Surgery
Single or Double?
Before Your Surgery: What You Should Know
- Pre-Surgery Checklist & Supply List
- Personal Assistance: You Will Likely Need Help for 1-2 Weeks
- Considerations for Caregivers
- Sleep Environment
- What to Wear
- Things to Discuss with Your Surgeon
- Emotional Support
- Memorializing your Breasts
After your Surgery: What to Expect
- Pain Management
- Surgical Drains
- Things You May Notice As You Heal
- Stretching to Regain Your Range of Motion
- Staying Active
- Showering & Dressing
Moving Forward: Now What?
- Physical Rehabilitation & Exercise
- Scar Massage
- Lymphedema Risk Reduction
- Managing Chronic Pain & Functional Problems
- Adjusting to Living Flat:
- Body Image, Sexuality, Fashion, Tattoos, Prosthetics & More
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)